Peace of mind cover for when keys are lost or stolen, provided in partnership with Keycare all for only £15.15* (per fob) a year.
The Policy provides you with insurance cover up to the maximum cover limited (detailed in your Policy Schedule) in the event any of your keys attached to the key fob are lost or stolen.* Inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)
Discounted price for existing customers, or new customers when taken in addition to another policy of any kind. Standard price for new customers in isolation is £25.15. Cover is only valid where a Keycare fob is attached to the keys.
Significant Features and Benefits
- Cover for lost and stolen keys, replacement locks and any call-out charges up to annual cover limit**
- Cover for locksmith charges if you lock yourself out of your home or vehicle up to call-out limit**
- Up to 3 days car hire if your car is unusable as a result of lost or stolen keys
- 24 hour, 365 days a year emergency helpline
- Access to a nationwide network of locksmiths
- No excess to pay
- No claims discount on main home or motor policy not affected
- Any of your keys attached to the fob issued by Keycare are covered
Significant Exclusions and Limitations
- Keys are only covered if attached to the key fob provided by Keycare
- The total value of claims in any one year may not exceed the annual cover limit**
- Keys will not be considered irrecoverable until lost for at least 3 days
- Wear and tear, general maintenance and damage to keys and locks will not be covered
- A maximum of the call-out limit per incident will be paid where keys are locked inside your home or vehicle
- Keys must have been lost by or stolen from the policy holder, or a member of their immediate family residing at the same address, or an authorised employee (if the policyholder is a company).
- The policyholder must notify Keycare within 30 days of loss or theft of keys
- The maximum number of keys that can be claimed for per lock is 3
- All receipts must be submitted to Keycare within 120 days of loss or theft of keys
- Cover is subject to the terms, conditions, and claims procedures contained in the policy booklet and schedule
- 90% of keys attached to a Keycare fob are reunited with their owners
- £10 reward paid to finder
- Total confidentiality
- Emergency Helpline – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Access to a nationwide locksmiths and care hire
- Replacement keys, locks and locksmith charges up to £1500 per annum
- Car hire for up to 3 days when stranded due to loss or theft of keys
- Cover for locksmiths charges if keys are locked in your home, office or car up to the value of £1500 up to the annual limit.
- Cover is also provided for the cost of opening safes, public transport or reasonable taxi fares, reprogramming immobilisers and alarms.
- No Excess
- Protects No Claims Discount
- Any keys attached to the fob are covered, including infra red
- Over 90% of claims paid on day of receipt
- Personal security is never compromised
- Available 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Peace of mind
- No hassle
Claims - How the Service Works
- Customer calls to report lost keys
- Clarify that keys were attached to key fob
- Check the details of the lost keys, i.e. how many keys attached, does the customer have spares etc.
- Advise customer of 3 day waiting period before they can pay the claim. Pay and claim facility.
- Advise customer to call back if keys not found within 3 day period.
- Customer calls to report stolen keys
- Clarify that keys were attached to key fob
- Advise customer that keys are covered immediately due to theft
- Issue claim form immediately
- Advise member that pay and claim.
- Finder calls to report found keys
- Check where the keys were found and where they will be kept (hold themselves or pass to police)
- Finder receives £10 reward if the keys are registered to an active customer
- Contact customer and advise them that their keys have been found
Provide customer with finders phone number (if finder agrees)
If the customer doesn’t want to collect the keys or is unable to, or the finder doesn’t want to provide any contact details to the customer then we will arrange for the finder to return the keys to Keycare. Keycare will then forward them on to the customer.
- £1500 maximum towards call out charges if keys locked in home/car or snapped in lock.
- Key care will offer locksmith assistance or the customer can use own.
- Pay and claim facility
Keycare Claim Information
To make a claim call 0845 303 0550 and quote the fob number. You must report any claim to Keycare as soon as reasonably possible and within 30 days of the loss or theft of keys. You are responsible for the cost of perparing any claim under this policy.
Contact us about Keycare - 020 8444 1040
About the Insurance
The policy is administered by Keycare Limited and the Insurer is Ageas Insurance Limited.
Duration of the Contract
The standard duration of the contract is normally 12 months from the date on which the cover incepts. Any variations to this duration will be detailed in the Policy Schedule.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Keycare and the Insurer are covered by the FSCS, which is triggered when an authorised firm cannot meet its obligations. In this unlikely event you may be entitled to comensation from the scheme, depending on the type of insurance and circumstances of the claim. Most insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim. Full details are available at www.fscs.org.uk.