Motts Godwin Insurance Services

All Classes of Insurance Transacted - Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

We are currently in the process of updating our website. Whilst we migrate content to the new design you may find that certain information is unavailable, and we suggest you contact us directly to discuss your insurance requirements.

Property Owners

Our Property Owners Insurance products provide comprehensive policy cover at competitive prices. Cover can typically accommodate multiple locations and both residential and commercial properties on a single policy.

  • Commercial Property Owners
    • Shops, including those with flats above
    • Offices
    • Pubs
    • Warehouses
    • Factories
    • Workshops
    • Unoccupied
  • Residential Let Property
  • Unoccupied Properties
  • Holiday Homes
  • Blocks of Flats

Basic property owners insurance packages normally include the following as standard:

  • Property Owners Liability
  • Loss of Rent (typically 20-30% of the buildings sum insured)
  • Buildings
  • Debris Removal
Additional and Optional Covers such as:
  • Landlords contents including communal area
  • Rent Protection
  • Subsidence
  • Increased limit of indemnity on property owners liability available upon request
  • Employers' liability - £10,000,000 limit of indemnity
  • Terrorism

Why is insurance needed?

Damage to your property by Flood, Fire or Theft, Injury to Tenants or Members of the Public, Subsidence, Tenancy Disputes - all could damage your investment and possibly cost more than the market value of your property. The correct insurance will minimise the disruption.

As no two circumstances are alike, no two policies should be alike. A small building could be covered by a package policy, whereas larger properties or a portfolio might be better suited to a bespoke policy tailored to the individual requirements. Whatever the property; commercial or residential, office, UK or overseas, we're able to tailor cover to your requirements.

Rent & Legal Protection

Legal Protection Insurance

Comprehensive Legal Expenses insurance that will cover the landlord's costs of any disputes between themselves and their tenant(s).

  • Cover for legal expenses and rental income:
    • to recover possession of your property if your tenant fails to vacate at the end of the tenancy
    • to pursue the tenant for disputes about damage to your property
    • for defence costs if action is being taken against you by your tenant
    • to evict squatters from your property
  • The cost of your necessary alternative accommodation costs whilst trying to gain possession of the property
  • Access to a legal helpline for advice on tenancy related matters

Rent Protection

Protection against the loss of rental income. This includes rental protection for up to 12 months to help to protect your rental income should your tenant fail to pay you.

Home Emergency Cover

Boiler breakdown and home emergency cover, in partnership with HomeCall, provides swift and effective assistance when a domestic emergency occurs in a rented-out property. more info...


If you wish to make an enquiry about Property Owners insurance please send a message via the form below and we'll contact you to discuss matters further. Alternatively you may wish to contact us by telephone or complete the quotation form to provide us with more information to allow us start the quotation process before we contact you.

Personal information
Insurance information

Whilst not required for an initial quick enquiry, these fields may help speed our response.

  • Type of Insured?
* Required Field
Call 0208 444 1040