Home emergency cover
This provides cover for emergencies that are not insured under a buildings insurance policy. For example, if the central heating system stopped working your insurer may be able to provide access to a tradesman or repairer, but you may still be responsible for the costs of repair.
This cover also provides a monetary limit towards the tradesmen's labour costs and parts used in the repair.
Some of the cover features of home emergency cover include:
- Roofing problems such as leaks or tiles blown off during a storm or bad weather;
- Blockages in the toilet waste pipes;
- Plumbing problems related to leaking pipes, blocked drains, water tanks or leaking radiators;
- Failure of the central heating system or boiler;
- Failure of gas or electricity at your home;
- Failure of the hot water system;
- Loss of all keys needed to get into your home;
- Broken or damaged windows and doors that are a security risk.
Our boiler breakdown and home emergency product, in partnership with HomeCall, provides swift and effective assistance when a domestic emergency occurs.
A version of our Home Emergency Cover designed specifically to assist landlords with domestic emergencies at rented-out properties.