We are currently in the process of updating our website. Whilst we migrate content to the new design you may find that certain information is unavailable, and we suggest you contact us directly to discuss your insurance requirements.
Home emergency cover
This provides cover for emergencies that are not insured under a buildings insurance policy. For example, if the central heating system stopped working your insurer may be able to provide access to a tradesman or repairer, but you may still be responsible for the costs of repair.
This cover also provides a monetary limit towards the tradesmen's labour costs and parts used in the repair.
Some of the cover features of home emergency cover include:
- Roofing problems such as leaks or tiles blown off during a storm or bad weather;
- Blockages in the toilet waste pipes;
- Plumbing problems related to leaking pipes, blocked drains, water tanks or leaking radiators;
- Failure of the central heating system or boiler;
- Failure of gas or electricity at your home;
- Failure of the hot water system;
- Loss of all keys needed to get into your home;
- Broken or damaged windows and doors that are a security risk.
Our boiler breakdown and home emergency product, in partnership with HomeCall, provides swift and effective assistance when a domestic emergency occurs.
A version of our Home Emergency Cover designed specifically to assist landlords with domestic emergencies at rented-out properties.